Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Candle


Getting back to training today.  Swim in the am. Warmup was 8 x 100 alternating between swimming and kicking. Then workout was 400, 2 x 200, 4x100 on 30 sec rest. Cooldown was 350 -400 swam as 150 backstroke, 150 breaststroke, 25 free, 25 fly kick. Tomorrow I start my water running. That should be interesting! The leg is still a bit sore from being worked on but mostly ok .swim times were a few seconds slower than I would like but since im still coughing and blowing my nose I am not going to get excited about it.

Gorgeous fall day here so took my crossbike out for lunch and had a great workout. Did 10 minute warmup then 30 minutes as 3 minutes on 2 minutes off. My three minutes were spent riding the same section of dirt, grass, mud and rocks uphill the entire time. I even had one section I had to dismount and run my bike over curb.  I was huffing. It was all hard work. My 2 minutes were spent coasting down the hill back to the start of my little course. I went through this 6 times and then did a really easy 5 minute cooldown.  

I was going to go to yoga tonight but I always get myself in trouble when I do 3 session in a day so I think im going to skip it and just do some stretching at home. Maybe make some soup too. I ordered the candle 79 cookbook today. Candle Café and Candle 79 are some of my fav restaurants in NYC. I’ve had the candle café cookbook for years and the food in it is top notch. Im really looking forward to the 79 version.

No comments:

Post a Comment