Friday, October 28, 2011

Right On Time

Thursday - swim - 10 x 50 yds of drilling then 10 x 50 building on 1 minute to warmup. Drills were switch, catch, drag, shark and hesitate.  I swam the 50s starting around 50 seconds and finished them with 45s.  Then enlisted jeff to swim the 20 x 50s on 1 minute with me.  The first five or so I did in 40 seconds. The next ten or so were closer to 45 seconds. the final 5 were between 40 and 45 seconds. I wasn't feeling great in the pool today I just felt like i couldn't swim any faster. it was a rough day but i hung in there. Then did  400 as 100 crawl, 100breast, 100 crawl, 100 backstroke,100 fly kick (stroking through breathe).

cf wod  - 10 pushups and 10 situps to warmup. then 10 - 9 - 8 -7-6-5-4-3-2-1 pushups and situps. Situps are always easy for me. The pushups are not as easy as they used to be. It took me 5 minutes to complete.

Friday - wasn't feeling the greatest this morning. either i am getting sick or my allergies are flared up from the heating systems kicking in. i've got a sore throat from some sinus drainage.   overall i don't feel bad at least not yet anyway.

Swim - 10 minute warmup mix, 100 breaststroke, 100 backstroke then alternated between crawl and butterfly. still swiming in the fly mostly as kick with stroking to breathe to work on the rhythm. there are moments were i feel like i have the timing back and moments of uglyness.  then hooked up with kevin my official pacer and split recorder. for my main set.  2 x 400 pull 2nd 400. 3 x 300 pulling the 3rd 300, 3 x 200, pulling the third 200. 3 x 100 pulling the 3rd 100.  I am not a fan of swimming with the pull buoy as it significantly slows me down. Overall kevin said we were averaging about 1:30 per 100 for all the swimming ones. The pulling ones he was blowing me out of the water. I would finish almost an entire lap behind him. He tried to keep the pace consistent throught the interval and the workout so he will swim right by you and be like a pacer.  100 yard breaststroke to cooldown.

cf wod - 20 situps, 10 squats (slow) 10 pushups to warmup then 4 x 20 pushups with 1 minute isometric squat hold. (below parallel) I actually felt better than I expected to on the isometrics. I think it was becuase i wasn't coming off of a leg intense session  like riding my bike. My legs were wrecked coming out of the squat for a few seconds but I was able to hold them for a 1 without any threat of having to come out of it.

now that i am finally cleared to get on my bike we got a ton of rain yesterday so we didn't have cross practice and were supposed to get accumulating snow tomorrow. I am not sure if i will just do my bike wods on the trainer or if i will just give the knee a little more time off the bike to recover this weekend. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.  I talked to jay about adding water running into my programming so i can start trying to train all 3 sports to some level again. I was unhappy with my running situtation last season and while it is understandable considering the knee injury I would like to improve on that this season. My knee is much better than it was but I can't say 100 percent yet but all of the yoga has been incredible for it and lots of other things in my body.  Ill start testing the knee with some riding and water running and see how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment