Saturday, December 10, 2011

crossin

Tuesday night - i did my bike wod on the trainer and that was making my knee hurt a bit which is frustrating. I know it is from adding the CF back in but i hope this doesn't become an issue again. the wod was 5 minutes easy 5 minutes moderate and then 5 minutes of 30 seconds on 30 second off. 10 minutes of 50 second on and 10 second off and then 10 minutes of 40 seconds on 20 seconds off. followed by 5 minutes easy. I still hate the trainer!   sometimes i think it puts a lot of strain on my knee with all the starting against resistance. 

Wednesday did some water running in the morning. 10 minutes easy to warmup and then 30 minutes of 8 hard ans 2 easy with a 5 minutes cooldown. Also took a yoga class to get the knee back on track. I went to the doctor to get the results of my bloodwork and they were super awesome. which is hugely validating. I know i eat a healthy vegan diet but something it is nice to see it on paper. Especially as an athlete people think it can't be done but i insist not only can it be done. it makes your better. My cholesterol levels were great. My good cholesterol level was really good from all of the good fats i eat. Also my vitamin levels were great. even my iron level was 70 points higher than the normal range. proof positive you can get everything you need without the meat and dairy. Get your nutrients from the source not secondhand. Its all good that way. I know I spend a decent amount of time and money on the way I eat but it is an investment that is well worth it.

Thursday - the recovery day that yesteryday sorta of was really helped my knee. I swam in the morning. warmup 2  rounds of 100 swim, 200 kick, 300 drill and then a main set of 2 rounds of 100, 200, 300 on 20 second rest then 5  - 100s kicking with a board. 200 moderate. then 100 breaststoke and a 100 backstroke to cooldown.

back to crossfit - warmup 20 pushup, 20 situps and 20 airsquats followed by 75 burpee pullups. I did then in sets of 5 and took little breaks between those sets.  Got 2 nasty blood blisters. Im back to having ugly hands again. Registered to race at the mid-atlantic cyclocross regional championships.

  it is the final race in this series. Should be a tough but fun day.


Friday - some more water running 5 minutes easy, 2 minutes hard, 3 minutes easy then 1 minute on 1 minute off  then 2:1, 3:1 4:1 5:1 5:1 4:1 3:1 2:1 1:1 and a 5 minute cooldown.

Crossfit - 20 pushups, 20 pullups, 20 situps, 20 air squats followed by 80 air squats, 60 situps, 40 pushups for time. in 5:28. 

Saturday -  Took a yoga class this morning to open up a bit. Then took an easy 30 minute ride on my cross bike  with 5 - 30 seconds pushes. it was pretty damn cold in the beginning. it is going to be cold tomorrow for the race too. I've packed up my stuff and hoping for the best.
watched the ironman world championships on tv today. that always quite the show.

but here is a cute little interview about cyclocross in the states. Because this show is mostly about more cowbell!
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45583571/ns/sports-cycling/

No comments:

Post a Comment