Thursday, November 17, 2011

Monachry of Roses



Wednesday -
Water Running – 5 minutes easy as a warmup then 10 rounds of 2 minutes hard and 20 minutes easy. Followed by 5 minutes easy to cooldown.  The knee still feel like it has a physical block when I first start this. But it goes away as I continue.

CF wod (of sorts) – warmup – 10 situps, 10 stepup easy leg, 10 reach for the sky and 10 supermans.  100 air squats for time.  2:51. 

Thursday – Yoga  - did some hip opening work today and I can’t believe how tight my hips are. I am going to do a 2 and half hour workshop on Saturday all on hip opening. From all the riding and probably running too they are not as flexible as they used to be. I am starting to believe this is a another big factor in the knee issue. Anytime I backbend my  quads pull at my knees. I put on some muscle  in the quads from all the cycling.

Took the cross bike out in the cold. Found lots of mud to play in. Froze my toes. I probably should start wearing covers.  Had a good workout. Was pretty tired after ward. 20 minute ride down the park to warmup and cooldown. Then 2 x 7 minutes hard on 2 min rest. I used the 2 minutes rest to work on tight turning through a series of pillars.  I registered for a cross race in Kutztown on Sunday. I have been the told the course if flat and grassy with a lot of turns. So I rode a lot of grass today and some dirt trail stuff. I did some off camber too.  I expect the competition to be tougher than my last race but it will be a good learning experience and a great workout.

STILL have the stupid sinus infection.  It’s not too bad but it would be nice to have it cleared up for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment