Tuesday, November 29, 2011

blood ties


Bike wod – on the trainer (yuck yuck yuck and yuck!)
5 minutes easy, 3 minutes moderate, 2 minutes hard to warmup then 7 minutes on, 3 minutes off, 5 minuteson, 2:30 off, 3 minutes on. Plus a 5 minutes easy cooldown.
Pushed a lot of gear. But hate riding the trainer. Had to do it today because of time and weather issues.

Warmup
20 air circles each direction
10 air squats
20 ball situps
5 pullups
10 supermans
5 chair dips
20 kettlebell swings at 35 lbs
30 air squats
5 pullups

Amrap 12 minutes   - 9 of which were about humility!
10 kettlebell swings @35 lbs
5 pullups.

Got 9 rounds. (ha!) I started off great. Thought I would get 12 rounds by the way my first few rounds went.  I kipped for the 3 rounds and then tore my hand open on the 4th set of pull-ups. (welcome to the club, gimme some blood) So for the following 5 rounds I used a band and did strict pull-ups with a shirt tied around my hand. I even had to break the kettlebell swings which are normally a strong point for me. I could have gone lighter on the weight to make it easier but I don’t regreat using the 35. Some of it might have been doing them with a shirt tied around my hand. But most of it was my grip was just shot going back and forth between the KBS and the PUs. I def lost grip strength. While my performance was humbling the good news is I was able to kip and drop off the pullup bar without pain. Two things I was completely unable to do when my knee was hurting. I think I am finally on the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment