Friday, November 11, 2011

VMO


Swim – warmup 3 rounds of 100 drill, 50 swim, 50 pull. Workout – 5 x 200 as 25 hard, 50 easy, 50 hard, 50 easy, 25 hard. I swam this around 3:30.  Workout was tougher than I expected. I was hitting the hards really hard so that the easys were basically me trying not to drown more than actually swimming.  Cooldown was 150 breaststoke, 150 backstroke.

Bike – actually did this on the trainer (boo! hiss!). 10 minutes warmup with 3 x 1 min on 1 min off.  Then 24 rounds of tabata. (Gasp!) tabata just never ever gets any easier. Its always an ass kicker.  Had a good glaze going on. I  could actually  feel yesterdays squat workout. Mostly in my vastus medialis which is what is responsible for leg extension and patellar tracking which is where my issue lies.   Stretching when possible. Water running and yoga tomorrow then packing for the bike race on Sunday.

I cancelled going for graston technique as I didn’t really feel that it did anything for me.  I went twice and I don’t think its going to be the answer to getting my knee back in line (literally).  

No comments:

Post a Comment