Thursday, November 10, 2011


Wednesday – water running – 5 minutes easy to warmup, then 10 minutes as 1 minute hard 1 minute easy, 10 minutes as 40 second hard 20 seconds easy and 10 minutes as 20 seconds hard 10 second easy. 5 minute easy to cooldown. I have to say tabata even in the water it tough. So far I’m doing good with the water running.  Great weather so I took the cross bike out and did a 10 minute warmup easy and then 20 minutes with 1 minute hard 5 times 5 minute easy cooldown. Continuing to have a great time training on terrain. I found out I got into the NYC triathlon! Whoo hoo!  I didn’t expect to because of the lottery system but I guess I got lucky. I basically have all of my bigger races for next season picked out. I will be racing eagleman, then philly, the nyc, then ironman nyc! I haven’t decided if I am going to do Pocono mountains again. It is so close to me that I might. It’s a good last tri for the season but after ironman nyc I might just take some recovery time and then roll right into cross season. The are changing the swim start to a semi-time trial this year for the nyc tri. i am not sure if ironman will follow suit or not. It is going to be a great experience to race philly and nyc and they both will be great training for racing ironman nyc.

 Thursday – yoga to start the day. Then a little CF. 10 pushups, 20 squats, 30situps to warmup then a 9 minute amrap of 10 pushups, 20 squats. My knee did ok with this. It was a little achy last night. I get very upset when this happens mostly because it has been feeling better. I think I just have to watch how much biking I am doing. Not getting on the bike today was probably good for it. I am considering going to formal rehab for it if it doesn’t clear up soon. I am torn on the idea because it is a big time filler to go there at least when I have gone in the past it has been especially since most of the things I would do there I can really do by myself. The benefit it having a trainer actually watch how your moving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment