Friday, July 15, 2011

strains, sprains and knee pains

500 yards of drills to warmup, 2 x 50 to test the swim kick. Decided it was ok to go so then 2 x 10 minute TTs with 2 minutes rest

1 – 23 laps
2 – 21 laps or maybe 23 laps. Not sure my counting was bad on this one . I was tired!

Cooldown – 25 of dolphining – didn’t feel like I had much left in the tank to swim


Went back to the doctors where I ended up being sent for an MRI. To me that usually means bad news of some sort. I didn’t get the radiologists report back yet. My doc seems to think that it is a sprain and it will be better within the month. But he wanted the MRI to confirm his diagnosis since the 2 weeks of rest did help it but didn’t clear it up completely. The good news is he told me to stop taking the drugs. Im happy about  that as I always feel better once I am off of them. He added some heat therapy into the mix of my treatment. He offered to send me to physical therapy but I declined as I can do that myself.  He also seems to think than an Ortho will not drain the fluid out of my knee due to the amount and the location. I have an ortho appt scheduled for this upcoming week. Not sure if I will go to it or not.

Bike – 1 hour and 4 minute of riding mostly flat terrain. The knee did ok. I pushed the pace for the first 30 minutes but after that I slowed down. Didn’t have pain while riding except for going uphill to get home. The knee is stiff when I get done though. 

Row – 500 meters – 2:45 just to test it out. Went ok painwise but this is a position I can feel the restriction in my knee.

Deadlifts – every 2 minutes

5 x 95
5x105
5x115
5x125
5x135
5x145
5x155
5x145
5x135
5x125
5x115
5x105
5x95

No issue with the knee while Deadlifting. However this wasn’t near my maximal load. The being said it probably felt heavier to me than it normally would just because I haven’t been lifting I awhile. I went conservative with the weight. I’ll see how the knee is after this before decided about next time.

It doesn't hurt as it did before but it still has this feeling of just not being right. I am hoping it just needs some more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment