Wednesday, June 22, 2011

broken

last day of biking or running for awhile. went to the ART doc and he wants me to rest the knee and let it calm down for a week until my next visit and see what happens. It if helps maybe for a longer period of time. If that doesn't work I'll have to go to an ortho doc. Going to be lots of swimming coming up on my schedule! Probably some strength training too.

workouts for today - run 4 x 400 meters with 50 air squats in between. Actually ended up running 4 rounds of 1 lap (about 350 meters with a small hill) and then hitting the squats and ended in the session with an extra lap to make up the distance. Time was 14.15 and it felt like a great workout. the knee didn't feel good while running and it was tight and sore afterwards. hit it with some ice and calmed it down.

Later did a 3 mile warmup on my tri bike and did 8 rounds of tabata followed by a 3 mile cooldown. This didn't feel like too much of a workout because it was a so short. But again my knee was tight and sore afterwards. Although it didn't hurt when i was actually riding.

While I don't look forward to the downtime from cycling and running I don't have any major races on my schedule for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment