Saturday, June 11, 2011

welcome to maryland!

Drove down to maryland yesterday and checked in my hotel. Hit the packet pickup and got all my goodies! I went to the pre-race meeting because I was there at the time. Found out the water temp was 81.9 so there is no way the race will be wetsuit legal. That's going to make the swim more interesting as the Choptank river is appropriately named.  Got my niece signed up as a volunteer to help at the finish while I am racing. It was a relaxing quiet nice which was nice. Took a soak too! Up early again this morning. Went to bed early though so that was ok. I tried to sleep in but it just doesn't happen for me! I met up with Tom for breakfast. He brought my Jay's aerohelmet so i can look slick on the bike. We headed out on rode the run course on our bikes. Felt my knee a little but what can i do about it at this point. I am just going to have to deal with it through the race. We also took a dip in the choptank river where the swim will be tomorrow. The water is warm and choppy but overall it was an ok swim. My sighting wasn't the greatest. The buoys seem kinda small to me. I am sure it will be better when there are more people in the water to follow. I feel  I am well hydrated. I haven't been eating as much as normal though which i guess is ok.  Tomorrow is the big day and I am looking forward to getting out there. It has been a long week of waiting for the race to get here.  Hoping we have some decent weather for the race. It's been pretty hot here so far. I'm not too concerned with it because there is nothing to be done about it.  I feel good about my hydration going into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment