Monday, September 26, 2011

Countdown to Armageddon


Saturday – took a vinyasa yoga class in the morning. It has been a long time since I practiced yoga. Probably a couple of years now. However in the past I used to do it very regularly. At least 2-3 times a week. Sometimes more if I could fit it in. It just feels great. Opens everything up. I was very impressed with how much it relieved the tension in my knee. So I committed to going more often by purchasing class passes.  It will be easier for me to get there during the off season but I really should incorporate it into my training program. Maybe as a rest day activity or on a day where I only have one other workout.  I went to a new yoga studio called balance and I think that is going to be the ticket to making it work. It is close to my house and they have times I can work it into my schedule. In the past finding the time to fit it in was the problem. Im sure when I am training and racing a lot it will be hard again.  But if it is what I need to keep myself injury free Ill have to make the time to do it.  It is an eye-opener to see how tight things have become from all of the training. I lost a lot of flexibility in my shoulders, hips and legs. 

Rode my TT bike in the afternoon. IT was supposed to be a 25 mile TT but it really ended up being a 28 mile ride. I didn’t really feel like I had the legs to do a TT.  I also put the zipps on my TT bike. Still not sure what bike I am going to race yet.

Sunday – 45 minute bike – took the R3 – it was supposed to be an easy effort so I  didn’t ride anywhere with hill climbing and it was a nice ride. It felt a little
weird doing a short ride. I hit another vinyasa class Sunday evening. That might be the class the ends up fitting well into my schedule for the winter months because it is a time I most likely won’t be doing some kind of other training.  Again it really feels like it unwinds my knee a bit and takes a lot of tension off of it afterwards. I def feel it working on my lower legs which are pretty much almost immobile stone.

Monday – 20 minute swim, 20 minute run, 20 minute bike

Hit the water this morning. Didn’t warm up just started into my 20 minutes. Balance and rotation felt good in the water. 75 of breaststroke to cooldown.  Over my lunch hour I went out for a 20 minute run following by a 10 minute bike. Both were easy efforts. It is the first time I ran in over a week and I just don’t feel like I have good running legs going. Running at Pocono is going to be rough. It made my knee a little weird afterwards. I have a feeling Pocono is going to really flare it up again. Ill finish up my other 10 minutes riding home from work. It is great weather here. Feels awesome to run shirtless in late September. But I’ve heard the weather is going to change back to cold in time for Pocono. It would be nice if that was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment