Thursday, September 29, 2011

Misty Morning

Today was a yoga day. Still working on opening up this body. All goes well with that. Nothing else on tap today training wise. I’ll ride tomorrow and do a lite swim and bike Saturday. Then Sunday is race day! I got an email that they had to change the bike course a bit because of issues with the roads. It’s raining again here today. I saw a forecast for Sunday saying high of 48 and rainy. Yuck! Let’s hope that one is wrong! But if it does rain Ill be extra happy I have the r3!  I talked with jay last night and I don’t think I am going to use the changing tent. I might just throw my rain/wind jacket over my tri suit and hit the course.  I am packing a bunch of stuff through in case they cancel the swim.

Food
Chocolate soymilk – post yoga
Tofu scramble with red pepper, onions and mushrooms
1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water
Tofu, zucchini, yellow pepper, onions, black beans, guacamole, banana & mac nuts
1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water



Since there isn’t much going on training wise. Im going to talk about food prep today. In an effect to keep things clean one of my tools is the slow cooker. It allows me to prep food when I have time and cook it while I am out doing other things and then it is ready when I want it. I highly recommend this when possible. Low and slow! Yeah I’ve been told it’s an old school cooking method and I agree old school as in when people actually prepared food for themselves from real ingredients most of the time. There are also things like rice cookers etc. that make it all a little easier. One of the other big things to think about when prepping is actually read the recipe thoroughly and “mise en place” or everything in its right place. Maybe a recipe only takes 20 minutes if you have things ready to go. If it calls for brown rice that alone is a hour right there. So have that ready ahead of time. Same drill with lentils,quinoa, etc. Also consider alternatives for ingredients based on what you have on hand. You can substitute tempeh for tofu in most recipes.   Just keep the quantities the same.  Something this can end up being a great variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment