Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shanti/Ashtangi


Today is a rest day. I started the day with a yoga class but that’s it for today. Which is probably a good thing. Even the short 20 minute run I did yesterday flared up the pain in my knee last night. Hopefully the stretching this morning will get it back on track. I am ready for Pocono swim and bike wise but the run is going to be brutal. Ill do my best but I have a feeling my knee is going to be killing me afterwards and Its finally going to be time to take some time off and just let it heal so I don’t have to keep battling this nagging injury. It would be so nice to finally be painfree.

I have been answering questions from my blog via email and text from some of you and I’m hoping that you can now start posting those questions for me to answer on my blog site under the comments section. It’s really just as simple as sending me the question.  The reason I am asking for you to do this is because I feel it would benefit others that are also reading the blog. If you have a question someone else may have the same question or even if they don’t that doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t benefit from hearing the answer as well. Sometimes just getting the dialogue going is helpful. It can also guide the direction in which I should focus my posts. If it is a question of a more personal nature that you don’t want to share online please feel free to email or text me and of course I will still answer it for you.

Most of the questions I get revolve around what I eat. In the past I posted everything I eat on the blog and that got even more questions and comments. I got away from that a bit because I started posting earlier in the day. But because I get so many questions on that topic I am going to bring in back.

Monday
Post swim – recovery chocolate soymilk
Soy yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, soy protein powder
Tofu scramble with purple peppers (only a small portion was leftover)
Brown rice bowl of Tofu, Carrots, Broccoli, Mushrooms & onions
VEGA WFO (this is a staple, highly recommended!) w/coconut water – Macadamia nuts
Yam & pinto bean patties, spinach salad

Tuesday (so far)
Post Yoga – recovery chocolate soymilk
Tofu scramble with red peppers, onions and mushrooms
Soy yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, soy protein powder

No comments:

Post a Comment