Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stormy Weather


I took the rest day on my schedule yesterday even though I didn’t really want to. Sadly while cleaning my house I injured my shoulder. I couldn’t sleep on it last night and I can’t move it above my head. It is the shoulder I had surgery on and sometimes it gets like this. I am not overly concerned about it as it usually clears itself up in a day or two. So I didn’t go swim today both rather did tomorrow’s double bike day tomorrow. It has been raining and will continue to rain for days due to tropical storm lee being stalled over us. Major yucko! So this forced me onto the trainer twice today. Let’s just say these will not be my most favorite workouts of the week.  Workout 1 – 10 minute warmup, I added a gear every 2 minutes. Then 10 rounds of 1 minute on 30 seconds off. I was pushing a massive gear for these. My cadence was slower but I was really working the resistance. Did a 10 minute cooldown spinning with less gear.  Workout 2 – another ten minute warmup adding the gears every couple of minutes. Then a 9 minute TT where I again pushed the big gear the entire time. Then an 11 minute cooldown with less gear.  If the shoulder is better tomorrow I will go swim if not I’ll probably run and bike.  I registered for the Trail Half-Marathon near me next weekend. I never did this race before. Just wanting to get it in before IMPM so I can go there with that under my belt. It’s going to be a tough race for me as I haven’t been running that kind of distance. My legs are gonna be shot for a day or two afterwards im sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment