Saturday, December 11, 2010

floater

not so great with the deadlifts again today but had a great swim to make up for it. not sure what is going on with my deadlifts. There is no way I lost this much strength in such a short period of time. Has to be form or mental or both at this point. although my back was sore when I work up this morning which didn't lend itself well to the idea of heavy deads.
95x3, 135x3, 155x3,185x3,
195x1, 200x1, 205x1, 210 fail, 205 fail
decided to just call it and head to the pool since it wasn't happening today.

150 to warmup then 4 x 500 on 1 minute rest. hit a new 500 PR at 8:46!! Previous best was 9.11 so this a significant improvement. Not sure why things went so well in the pool today. Maybe I was more warmed up than usual since I went to crossfit first. Or I ate first so i had better energy. or the strokes were just going down right today.
1 - 8:46 - almost thought i counted wrong but i was really trying to not screw up
2 - 8:47 - really motivated to swim this one after the first season and it confirmed my previous attempt being so close in time!
3 - 9:48 - I really think there were extra laps in here I lost count and the time seems to indicate it
4 - 8:58 - I was going hard the entire workout but with about 150 to go I was feeling the fatigue set in. I knew I would be able to finish the workout but I was pretty much done.
100 breaststroke to cool down.
I think my stroke was a lot longer than normal so i felt like i was pulling and gliding through the water a lot more. I am feeling it in my shoulders afterwards.

meal 1 - 2 cups chocolate soymilk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1 scoop vega wfo
meal 2 - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 - clif builder bar
meal 4 - soysage, peppers, onions, salsa, black beans,zucchini
meal 5 - steamed broccoli & carrots & carmlized onion hummus & 2 tbsp peanut butter


It don’t bother me—times are hard everywhere
We’ll just have to see how it goes
 - Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment