Friday, December 10, 2010

taking care of stefan

warmup on trainer then 3 rounds of 2 minutes, 4 minutes & 6 minutes with resting the same interval.
Distances are cumulative in miles.
2 - .54
4 - 1.54
6 - 2.95
2 - 3.96
4 - 4.41
6 - 5.8
2 - 6.3
4 - 7.27
6 - 8.7
Cadence avg was more like 60 to 70 trying to push the gears but HR was in the zone.

"Jackie"
1000 meter row
50 Thrusters @ 45lbs
30 pullups
time 10:56

The row went well. Made it through 20 thrusters unbroken then I started breaking them into 5s. The pullups weren't nearly as bad as the thrusters.

handstand holds
100 - 2count - flutter kicks
2 minute unbroken plank hold
100- 2 count- bicycle situps

Heel is sore. I think it is from dropping off the pullup bar.

meal 1 - 1 cup soy yogurt, 1 cup soymilk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 scoop vega wfo, 2 tbsp ground flax seed
meal 2 - hummus & steamed broccoli, clif builder bar
meal 3 -6 ounces grit tofu, 2 mexican pizzas

I signed up for a Bike Maintenance Course so i can take care of my boy stefan. Here is what I am expected to learn. I am excited and sure i will get a lot out of it but it will also be challenge for me since i am not mechanically inclined. I think this will help me feel less freaked out when something happens to my bike and it is good stuff to know.
  • Class 1: flat repair, changing tire/tube, patching tube, diagnosing cause of puncture
  • Class 2: wheels, checking hub adjustment, explanation of cassettes and freewheels, intro to wheel truing
  • Class 3: brakes: how they work, different types, cable and pad adjustment, inspection of pads and cable and brake surfaces
  • Class 4: derailleurs: adjustment and diagnosis of problems, inspection of cables, shifters, and chain.
classes based on the “Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair” by Park Tool. Most classes are lecture and demo followed by lab period. Each participant will perform repairs and make adjustments on their own bicycles. Homework (yes, homework!) will be to read assigned chapters before class. I hope stefan makes it through class with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment