Tuesday, December 7, 2010

weak day

swim - warmup - at least 100 i can't remember for sure.

Then 26 rounds of 1 burpee (jump into the water at the shallow end and start swimming without touching the bottom or sides,) swim a 25 (get out of the water) do another burpee.  Dive in the water in the deep end and swim another 25 ( get out of the water without touching the bottom) and do another burpee.

I decided to just time the whole thing instead of wasting time trying to get a time of the 25s. 17.18 was the total time for the 26 rounds of 25s and 50 burpees.  I liked getting the diving practice in too. I don't really dive anymore when training and I actually really like entering the water that way so it was fun. The burpees were even fun too because it wasn't a lot of them so i could keep really good form and it make the 25s a little more interesting. then did drills as follows
100 - switch
100 - catch up
100 finger tip drag
100 hesitated recovery
100 shark
50 kick
100 hesitated recovery
100 shark

cf wod - horrible! super disappointed in myself today. I just couldn't pull weight off the ground. Im not tired, slept enough the last few nights, didn't even need an alarm to get up and go to the pool early in the morning. None of my primary movers for deadlifts were sore so i really can't explain my pathetic performance. Only thing that was sore was my shoulders which i stretched out and they feel much better.

deadlifts
135x5
155x3
185x3
195x2
200x1
205x1
210x1
215xfail
205x1
215xfail
185x1
185x1
185x1
185x1
I am so upset because ive pulled 230 off the ground as my current max more than once. I also was really struggling with weight like 205. Struggling meaning legs shaking and bucking and dizzy after i pulled it off the ground. I was feeling dizzy after pulling 185 off the ground which i've used in metcon wods before? Maybe it was mental today I really don't know. Deadlifts are usually a good lift for me so Im trying to forget about. Rest and recover tonight and hope tomorrow goes better.

meal 1 - 2 scoops of vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - 2 cups soy yogurt, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax, 14 grams hemp protein powder, carob
meal 3 - 8 ounces grit tofu, 1 cup red beets, clif builder bar
meal 4 - gimme lean "beef", peas, red bell pepper, red onion, roasted yams

No comments:

Post a Comment