Sunday, December 5, 2010

the right way

bike - 90 minutes on the trainer! I made it! That was the longest continous ride ive ever done on the trainer. Legs were a little sore before I even started.  18.68 miles covered. Had a hard time keeping my HR and cadence up. Was going as fast as my sore legs wanted to.

Swim - the pool was so crowded and crazy when I was there. I did get a workout in but I was distracted and it wasn't one of my best. I was in a lane with 2 other people. I tried to make the best of it. but I think that is why some of my times were off. I was sore when I started but felt good once I got going. This wasn't the workout I intended on doing but I knew when I saw the place that getting any kind of serious uninterrupted swim in was just not going to happen.
did a small warmup then
100 - 1:45
200 - 3.35
300 - 5.28
400 - 7.25
500 - 10.29 - i think there were extra laps i lost count
400 - 8.48 - lost count again may be extras
300 - 5.51
I wanted to go all the way down the ladder but ran out of time the pool was closing.

I was going to do another bike wod tonight but im not feeling it so i think my effort would be better tomorrow morning. Of course I would rather go swim in the morning but my shoulders are feeling a little tweaked so a day off from the pool as sad as that is is probably the right answer. As much as I hate making the right decision in this case.

Breakfast - 6 ounces tempeh bacon, 2 tbsp peanut butter
lunch - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water, carmelized onion hummus & steamed broccoli
dinner - 7 ounces cumin lime tofu, 1 cup roasted yams, roasted asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment