Sunday, December 19, 2010

it's complex

reasonably sore this morning from yesterdays work.

cf wod - barbell complex of
Deadlift
Power clean
right leg reverse lunge
left leg reverse lunge
split jerk
supposed to be 6 rounds of 8 reps. 1 time through the sequence is a rep. So you go through it the sequence eight times and then add more weight. I never did this wod before so I started with a light weight and just kept adding after each round because ive done a barbell complex before and I know how hard they get so didn't want to overdue the weight.
went 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75. So actually did 7 complete rounds. Started the 8 round with 80 on the bar but only did 2 reps before I felt like the form was bad so I stopped.  It is fun to do this kind of wod occasionally. I was pulling the cleans from the hang or the top of the deadlift. The reverse lunges were the toughest part of the wod because of the weight. On the 70  and 75 rounds I was dropped the weight from the jerk to the ground and then restarted which you are not supposed to do in a barbell complex. if your hand comes off the bar your done even though it isn't for time. 

Due to time issues today I went directly from this complex to the pool to get my swim in. not really the best idea when attempting to throw down a time trial but  if i wanted to swim today it was the only way. my 2,000 time trial was done in 37:42. I missed counted laps I think twice. I don't feel great about the time but I was tired already getting into the pool. I actually felt better getting over the pool than I did getting into it. I had to stop once to pull my swim cap back on but it was just a second.

meal 1 - 1/2 cup soy yogurt, 1 1/2 cups soymilk, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1 scoop vega wfo
meal 2 - steamed carrots and avocado hummus & carmelized onion hummus
meal 3  - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 4 - vegan pizza with soysage & broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment