Wednesday, July 21, 2010

broken but not finished

7.21.10
60 minute bike - 13.54 miles - did some hill climbing since my grip wasn't correct on the bike due to my hand injury did want to do fast riding without good handling.

75 squats with 20lb weight vest - 1:44

got some bad news today the xrays on my hand came back as an avulsion (chip) fracture of the thumb. I go to the orthopedic doctor on friday. I also have heel spurs which is why Ive been having so much pain in my foot for so long now. I am going to do my best to continue to train through all of this. I've had more serious injuries and trained through those but obviously I am not happy about any of it. Nothing I can do about it except deal with it though.

banana
sprouted grain bagel
vega wfo w/coconut water
grit tofu
dark chocolate peanut butter
tempeh scramble with swiss chard

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the injuries, but it sounds like you had a great time at the race which is why we all do them. Hope all goes well with the ortho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the tri! Bummer about the thumb and heels though... Hoping you can, in fact, train through those things. But, make sure you let stuff heal too!

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete