Monday, July 5, 2010

the streak is broken

Here I am at Harvey's lake getting an open water swim in. This is the lake I will be swimming in for the Wilkes-Barre Triathlon. Swam for about 38 minutes. I was told it was a mile and a half but I doubt that distance since I don't swim that fast. Still it was good to get out in the open water and working on my sighting. I did better this time than last time but I am still more comfortable in a pool than I am in open water. I actually don't mind the deep part of the lake I love swimming there. It is the shallow beachy area of the lake I don't like swimming in.  I just feel uncomfortable trying to swim in water I can stand up and run in.  I guess I have to get used to it. Hopefully all of the fireworks are over for me in my training  as I didn't have any accidents today! I also hope my neighbors used all of their fireworks up so I can get some sleep tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Let's hope you got the "accidents" out of the way, so you can have some great races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the fireworks have been driving us crazy - especially our dog (poor thing!). Hopefully the accidents are over - stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dan - hope your right about the races

    @martin - I hate that the fireworks go off for a week. It is hard to sleep with that stuff. Finally they are over and we can sleep!

    ReplyDelete