Saturday, March 5, 2011

born to run

Got to actually use my new carbon fiber tri shoes with my new speedplay zero stainless pedals.  They are a little harder to clip into than my looks but I think I just need to get used to them. I had class this morning which a lot of red-lining make efforts with recovery spinning. We were doing 20 second sprints with 20 seconds of recovery riding.  did a simulated hill climb and  a high cadence 5 minute.  Had to get my bike adjusted today because my bike tire was hitting the frame. I'm going to do more stand alone cycling races this year. I'll be riding as a member of Upstate Velo. I need to get a USA cycling license. 1st race is in a month it is a Team Time Trials- of 5 miles with 5 riders/team. Then 25 mi Points Race, controlled 1st 1/2 allowing regrouping between sprints.I'm not a great rider so hopefully this will make me better. It's a great year to do it too because I doubt I'll be doing a lot of road running races ( especially early season ones)  because of the situation with my foot. I definitely want to improve my cycling and I think it will really help my tri times since the bike is a big split of the iron distance races. Basically there are a bunch of crits as well as some longer road races and time trials.

Ive been reading "born to run" lately and it is a great book. I am really enjoying it. Did a 5 mile run today with my husband. It went ok. I am still slow!!!!!!! It was windy the whole time which didn't help my speed.
  
meal 1 - peanut butter, grit tofu, broccoli, yams
meal 2 -vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 seitan, brown rice, chickpeas, butternut squash, yellow beans, red peppers, carrots,
yogurt blueberries, ground flax seed

1 comment: