Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hurt

Feeling the effects of "cindy" today. I didnt get much or good quality sleep last night either so that didn't help the recovery process. it really makes such a difference. Just more sore than expected to be from a bodyweight wod. Didn't do an endurance wod in the morning like I normally do. Just wasn't feeling up to it. I had to shovel my car out of 8 inches of snow instead. wasn't very much fun. Foot is a little tender today too. Tonight I need to do some mobility work I didn't have time for any last night.

CF wod -
21 - 15 - 9
Overhead squats @ 35lbs bar from the ground squat onto a medicine ball
GHD situps
time 7:43

I am horrible at overhead squats. I took a long warmup trying to get myself more mobile today. then did some OHS lifts to get ready for the wod.
OHS
pvcx5
15x5
25x5
35x5
45x5
55x5
35x10

I started the bar from the ground so I had to muscle snatch it anytime I dropped it. I had to ditch it a few times. I still have trouble letting the bar roll back so sometimes when i am coming up from the squat the bar is too far forward and my balance goes to shit so i have to ditch it forward. I used the medicine ball to make sure i was going to depth but that ended up being a bad thing too because i found myself almost sitting on the ball and then pushing up instead of just touching and going nice and fast. But it is a starting point. I made it through the wod. It's more skillwork for me because of the level i am at with OHS. I almost feel like making my warmup things i am horrible at or hate everyday so i get better at them and don't detest them so much.

meal 1 - granola & soymilk
meal 2 - clif builder bar & 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 - tofu, peppers, zucchini. onions, daiya and guacmole

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready for the good weather. I use the cross arm hold for the front squats. My wrists kill when I try to use the clean grip.

    ReplyDelete