Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Old Mary

foot was a little touchy this morning when i got up but most of the day i didn't even think about it but i wasn't really using it much either. i was really tired getting up to swim this morning. too many days in a row of not enough sleep!

swim - 400 of drills to warmup, switch, catch, shark, hesitate - then 35 TT - 74 laps completed. I was hurting when i started swimming but that went away. I slowed down too much in the middle of the workout. I felt good and was moving fast again towards the end of it. The hardest part of swimming time trials is i can't actually see where i am at timewise until the alarm goes off. I kinda like swimming distance TT better because at least i have some sense of being able to judge where i have to go yet and how i am feeling. 50 breaststroke to cooldown

deadlifts
135x3
155x3
175x3
185x3
195x3
205x3
205x1 fail on 2nd attempt, got it on the third lift, failed again on the 4th pulled it on the 5th.

This probably wasn't my best day to do deadlifts because my hammies were not recovered from sprinting last night. But i did the best I could with the shape I was in. I think I was putting in everything i had even though 205 is 40 pounds under my current max because i was really dizzy after my lifts and i usually only get that when i am lifting near my max loads. Had my legs been more recovered i think i could have gone a little heavier.

It's been tough going to the crossfit gym lately. I just want to swim, bike and run!

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - vega wfo, soy yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax
meal 3 - clif builder bar, banana & mac nuts
meal 4 - tofu, red peppers, spinach, yams, broccoli
meal 5 - tempeh, red pepper, tomatoes, onions, peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment