Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wet Sand

Decided not to go and do a crit with the team today because of the weather it was raining and I just don't have the bike skills yet for that. Turned out the entire team decided not to go because of the weather. Im sure it was the right decision because I just don't need crash or injury before the tri season kicks off. I have enough injuries last season! i wanted to go and do a long run today but my foot was sore last night and this morning from my run yesterday morning. I am just not in a place right now where I can run back to back days. I really need time to let the foot recover. I really hope this is a post surgery thing and it isn't like this for the rest of my life. so I had to head out in the rain and ride my bike anyway. Did a 40 mile TT. It wasn't a great day for a TT but had to do it anyway not much time left before my upcoming races. I felt like crap the entire ride. I didn't eat, drink or sleep well yesterday. I just had my schedule screwed up being in NYC. The food wasn't so bad but I def didn't have enough water to drink and I didn't get enough sleep last night. It took me 17 miles on the bike before I even started to feel alive. I rode 40.75 miles in 2:51 minutes. avg speed 14.2 mph. climbed 1,454 ft. max speed 38. not bad for riding in the rain. I took stefan. max hr 160 avg hr 140. avg cadence 78 max cadence 113. It was a tough ride just never felt good. I ate breakfast right before i left. Could have been that but i don't think so. I took 1 salt tablet with me and 3 gels. used the salt and 2 gels. probably didn't fuel enough because by the end of the ride i just couldn't move my bike any faster. Didn't have any serious issues just didn't seem to have anything extra to give today. That being said I did try to ride as hard as I could. I also ran out of water which is why i didn't use the 3rd gel. I was able to pee while riding my bike though. Stefan was a mess when we got home. Had to scrub him down! Plan on running long tomorrow so hoping the foot is ready for it!

meal 1 - sprouted grain bagel & clif bar
meal 2 - gels on the bike
meal 3 - vega wfo w/coconut water - 2 slices roasted vegetable pizza
meal 4 - tofu, mushrooms, peppers, onions, black beans, guacamole, clif bar

No comments:

Post a Comment