Saturday, January 15, 2011

mixed emotions

Slept really well last night which was good since i was short on sleep pretty much every night this week. Swim - Start off with 500 of drills. Felt really good doing them. 100 switch, 100 catch, 100 drag, 100 shark, 100 hesitate. Then did "tosh" the water. I hate this workout in the pool because you spent so much time in the water not actually doing anything. I stretched a bit but mostly did the dead mans float and let my spine decompress and took some of the stress off my joints for a bit. I don't mind this workout on the track because the rest times are short. Guess i just don't swim fast enough! The tosh workout has a 1:1 work to rest ratio so however long it takes you to complete the interval you rest.

200 - 3.27
400 - 7.25
600 - 11.49
200 - 3.36
400 - 7.42
600 - 11.24

Finished with 300 drills - switch, shark and hesitate.

cf wod - Modified Elizabeth. Can't do cleans with my foot so I did Ring pushups instead.

21-15-9
Ring Pushup
Ring Dips

Time 13.23

As you can tell by the time this was more of a strength workout for me than a real metcon. Not my heart was going cuz it was but my ring dips are painfully slow. My ring pushups were the best they have even been. My depth was good and I felt strong doing them. The ring dips were not full dips meaning I wasn't going to depth in the rings but I was pushing myself up for all of the reps instead of doing negatives so it is a start. It is hard coming off the ring pushups to the dips too.

Start working on my kip swing. I gotta get more pullups connected instead of just a couple. Also worked on my handstand pushups. Those went really well. I had myself against the wall for support but I was pushing myself up and down. The full range of motion wasn't there but I think it can be soon. Although I did this after the wod so my shoulders weren't really into it. I am going to do more of these soon I feel good about them and think i was fresher they would have been to depth.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - tofu, spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, black beans, soysage & daiya (small) - tried to eat this after the pool and just didn't have the stomach for it.
meal 3 - clif builder bar
meal 4 - 4 vegan zoned blueberry muffins (i used vega for the protein powder in these)
meal 5 - miso soup, salad, tofu & veggies, peanut butter

1 comment:

  1. You are really doing well. So I am such a dope that I didn't even know you were supposed to swim faster witht the pool buoy!

    ReplyDelete