Monday, January 24, 2011

Strange Days

used the lacrosse ball on my foot yesterday a little and it hurts a ton to do that. It also bruised it up a bit today. Still stretching it and doing the voltaren gel. it feels better to walk on it now than it did last week.

swim - 4 x 200 drills - 200s of switch, catch, shark and hesitate

3 x 500 yds on 30 seconds rest
1 - 8.46
2 - 8.42
3 - 8.46
Phew! Starting to get back to my old swim times again. These are not as good as I want them but I am happy they are getting better. I was so hot when I was swimming today I literally was dumping my water bottle on my face during my 30 seconds to try to cool myself off.

cf wod

10 rounds of 5 reverse burpees
5 Kettlebell Burpee Deadlifts - 2 - 53lb kettlesbells one for each hand
this was not for time. Tough damn wod anyway. Felt like I was going to puke. That was mostly from all of the rolls into handstands on the reverse burpees. for the Deadlift burpees. I stepped back into the pushups. no jumping yet. I love kettlebell pushups they are so damn hard! The deadlifts were actually like suitcase deads. Had to be careful not to put them down on my feet!
overhead press - I felt weak on this. I am hoping it is because I literally went from the above wod to this and didn't rest between the lifts. Weak meaning the weight felt heavier for me to push than it should have at that weight.
45,50,55,60,65,65,70,75, fail on 80

AMRAP - 9 minutes
5 pullups
10 situps
15 kettlebell swings using a 35lb kettlebell

Got 8 full rounds and to the 8th situp of the 9th round. my kipping on the pullups was better throughout the wod. However going from the KB swings to the pullup bar is a never and easy transition. Did the situps as abmat. I find them useless but they are fast. Didn't have any trouble with the swings. I have to admit my foot is sore after working out. I don't think it is from the weights. I think it was from dropping off the pullup bar bad a few times. I got tired and it was trying to rush.

meal 1 - clif builder bar
meal 2 - vega wfo w.coconut water - 2 vega zone muffins
meal 3 - lentils & rice - 2 vega zone blueberry muffins

1 comment: