Monday, May 3, 2010

5.3.10

Yesterday (sunday 5.2.10) I completed the Tough Mudder which is a 7 mile mud run with 17 obstacles. It was more of a course to be completed than really a race. It took an hour and 35 minutes for my group to complete it. www.toughmudder.com. All of the mud and trail running caused the bursitus in my heel to bother me last night. I am treating it with ice as much as I can. I was able to use this race to work on my nutrition a bit. The hydrating and carbing up went well. I was glad I did it as it was pretty hot and humid. The water obstacles were welcomed as a cool down from the heat. hit luna moons right before starting the race. there were so many people our start time was delayed by an hour so I was hungry before the race. Then about an hour or so in i used my clif shot. Didn't have any problems from either.

smoothie - banana, mango, flax, agave, efa oil
Sprouted Grain Bagel w/dark chocolate peanut butter
Luna moons
Clif Shot
Banana
Oat Bar
Vegan Pizza
Tempeh bacon
VEGA WFO w/coconut water


5.3.10

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of
10 American Kettlebells swings with 1 pood
5 burpees

10 rounds completed and 6 swings into the 11 rounds.

40 minute bike ride - first time out on the roads with the clips. Did well no major incidents! I am getting better with the bike stuff. Taking me less time to get rolling.

tempeh bacon
vega wfo w.coconut water
tofu, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms
cocoa almonds
grit tofu
soba noodes w/red pepper and carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment