Thursday, October 14, 2010

catch up

no post yesterday because my internet was down so this is a long catch up post.
10.13.10
had to do the filthy fifty first thing in the morning or there is no way I would have gotten it done. I was dreading it a bit especially the wallballs burpees and double unders at the end.

50 box jumps @ 24 inches
50 jumping pullups
50 kettlebell swings @ 35 lbs
50 lunge steps
50 knees to elbows ( the form was horrible on these!)
50 push press @ 45 lbs
50 back extensions
50 wallballs, 14lb ball @ 9ft target
50 burpees
50 double unders
time 41:10 - slower than last time which i think was 39 sometime. disappointed.

bike wod - 2 x 12 minute time trial on 4 minute rest. I found a 2 mile hill that took me 13 minutes to climb so i was a little over on the time but i wanted to reach the summit before i stopped. took me about 3:40 to descend so i got a little rest at the bottom before it was time to head back up the hill. my legs were wasted after this and the filthy fifty. Went to bed sore and woke up sore!

didn't feel all that well all day, not sure if i have an ear infection or whats going on. I feel like I have water stuck in my ear and my throat hurts. Im drinking my tea, and put some swimmers drops in my ear.

bfast - 2 cups soymilk, 1 cup strawberries, 7 grams vega sport performance protein, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, stevia
mint tea
snack - 1 scoop vega - 3 almonds
yunch - 6 oz grit tofu, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 3 cups of broccoli (didn't finish)
mint tea
snack - 1 scoop vega - 3 almonds
dindin - zone version of pad thai - using fresh bean sprouts instead of noodles, 6oz tofu, bean sprouts, 1 cup sesame carrots

10.14.10
felt good when i got up so headed to the pool
100 warmup, 100 fist, 100 hand then into the workout, not much time for drilling today.
100 @ 1:49, 200 @ 3.48, 300 @5.53, 400 @ 8.03, 500 @ 11.35, 600 @ 12.37 on 20 sec rest.
the 500 and possibly the 600 might have an extra 50 in there, i was getting tired and not being a good lap counter. Also form was breaking down I was going back to my old bad way of straightening my arms in the water or pulling under me I had to keep thinking about it to force myself to stop it.

felt crappy after the swim again not sure whats going on. was able to get my second wod in though.
30 minute AMRAP of 
5 deadlifts @155 
10 pullups
15 box jumps @ 24 inches.
got 9 complete rounds and to the 3 box jumps of 10th round. Thought I would have at least 10 rounds if not more. I tore my hand open on the 9th round of pullups. I was getting through the wod but i didn't have great energy for it.

bfast - 2 cups soymilk, 1 cup strawberries, 7 grams vega sport performance protein, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, stevia
decaf green tea
snack - 1 scoop vega - 3 almonds
mint tea
yunch - zone version of pad thai - using fresh bean sprouts instead of noodles, 6oz tofu, bean sprouts, 1 cup sesame carrots
mint tea
snack - 1 scoop vega - 3 almonds
dindin - 6 oz tofu, 1/2green pepper,1/2 red pepper, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/3 cup onion, 3 tbsp avocado

2 comments:

  1. the filthy fifty sounds absolutely horrible!! nice job getting through it

    hope you feel better tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you;venever had the filhty 50 come up in your programming yet?

    ReplyDelete