Saturday, October 9, 2010

North Branch Tri Race Report

I was the biker on a tri team today and was happy with my leg of the race. It was a 15 mile course (according to the race) that I rode in  50.11.  My garmin only had it at 13 ish but i started my watch when i was already on the bike but I don't think it was that much of a difference. my avg speed was 15.8.  It was basically an out and back course with 7 miles uphill and 7 miles downhill a little over 500 ft of climbing. I felt like my effort was good. My avg HR was 162 max 174. Overall a fun race, cold when we got there but I was able to ride my bike around while waiting for my team to pass me the chip so I did get a warmup in. Got the pedals changed and got mountain bike shoes for my mountain bike today. Ill use that for my race next weekend because of the road conditions. Got a short swim in this afternoon. 100 warmup
then 2 rounds for 1,000 of
100 - six beat switch
100 - catch up
100 - finger tip drag
100 - fist
100 - hand entry
Then did a 10 minute swim just focusing on my catch placement and pulling with a high elbow. Followed by 10 minutes of 25 hard 25 easy.  My shoulder is still an issue. I almost feel like it is getting pinched with every pull.

bfast - 2 tofurky sausage links, 1/2 bagel w/earth balance
snack - 2scoops vega w.coconut water & 2 tbsp ground flax seed
lunch 3 oz soysage, 1 apple (small), 1 oz soy cheddar, 1oz of chip builder bar
dindin - Steamed Broccoli with hummus, 4.5 ounces of tempeh bacon over spinach

the bananas were looking soooooo good after the race but I didn't have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment