Sunday, October 10, 2010

Steamtown Sunday

I volunteered at the Steamtown Marathon today. Originally I had wanted to run this race as my first marathon but with my injury it just wasn't in the cards for this year so I decided to volunteer and offer support to all of the athletes that were participating. I did traffic control and runner support right after mile 25 on the home stretch to the finish. It was a fun time but I have almost no voice left after standing for 5 hours and cheering for 4. Had to get a quick workout in before heading to the race. I did 100 burpees for time. I was not looking forward to doing this one but got through it in 11:46.   Thought  I would get it done in under 10 but I guess I didn't push through the pain fast enough that early this morning.  After the race I had the opportunity to take a 1 hour and 15 minute bike ride with my friend jeff. I took my mountain bike so I could get used to being on it for that long since Ill probably use it in the adventure tri on saturday.  Quote of the trip jeff said to me, mary hills make you stronger, me to jeff, i am going to be one strong dead person. Averaged 14.5 mph. there were some hills on our route but also a long stretch of fairly flat terrain. Im going to commute on the mountain bike all week and just get really used to it. I prefer my road bike but Ill get used to it. avg hr was 142, my legs were sore still from yesterdays race but I wanted to get the ride in because of the nice weather and I just wanted the time on this bike.
Food was crap today since I was standing outside forever and then rushing around trying to get other things done.
bfast - 2 tofurky breakfast sausage, 1/2 bagel w soy cream cheese
lunch - vega wfo w/coconut water
snack - clif builder bar 20g protein
snack #2 - 2 - 1 ounce clif builder bars - i know this wasn't in the plan but i needed to go for my bike ride and I was already starving. I thought this was the best thing to do.
dindin - 6 oz tofu, red pepper, spinach, onion, corn tortilla, black beans, avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment