Sunday, October 31, 2010

helloween

started the day with a 5 minute warmup on the trainer before doing 1 hour of 1 minute on 1 minute off intervals. This workout is killer. The first fifteen minutes were fine then the real pain set in. I got off the bike around 30 minutes to get more water stubbling to the fridge feeling like I would puke. Made it through the rest of it but was pretty delirious. I was able to really push the intensity this time and I rode the hell out of it. I sat and drank a smoothie immediately following and it took me 15 minutes just to recover before I could do anything else. While I am still not in love with riding on the trainer this was a killer workout. Hit the bike twice today. Went outside for a cold and windy 1:32 minute hilly route. Created a new ride looping together some hills. I turned around at the 1 hour mark to come back as it was getting dark and I didn't want to get stuck in that but I should have gone a little farther out as I ended up getting back in 32 because of the descent. I really like this ride and Im going to add some more hills into it to make it a longer course. I wasn't hitting those hills as hard as I did the other day. I think I was worn down a bit from the trainer wod this morning. The wind was helping much either. but happy I got the ride in. Ended up being a little short of 18. it was about 600 ft of climbing and several of the hills are long.

breakfast - 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup soymilk, 2 TBSP ground flax
snack - 1 scoop vega w coconut water, 6 almonds
lunch - clif builder bar
snack - 1 scoop vega w. coconut water, 1 tbsp peanut butter
post ride snack - hummus by the tbsp
dinner - 4 oz celebration roast, 2/3 cup roasted sweet potato, 3/4 cup roasted ruttabaga, 1 tbsp peanut butter

not the greatest food day again but I wasn't home most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment