Monday, November 1, 2010

happy helen

Easy pool day today. 200 warmup, then 1,000 of drills as follows
100 - 12 beat switch
100 - catch up
100 - finger tip drag
100 - fist
100 - hand entry w/ paddles
100 - kick
100 - paddles & pull buoy
100- kick
100 - paddles & pull buoy
100 - kick
100 - paddles & pull buoy
50 - cooldown

then cf wod was "helen"! I don't know why but this is one of my favorite cf wods. I had to swap the run out for a row which is think only makes this wod even more of a challenge. used womens rx for the weight. So 3 rounds for time of row 400 meters, 21 kettlebell swings (american) @ 1 pood and 12 pullups. Time 12:31. Not surprised with the time it is right around where I expected it to be. Good news is last time I did this wod in june I subbed out the run for rowing and used the same weight and then it took me 13:50 then so I shaved a full 1:19 seconds off this time. made it through rounds 1 and 3 without breaking the kb swings. round 2 i put it down after 15 which was just stupid I shouldn't have done it. my grip was hurting on the kb swings and especially the pullups. the last 4 pullups of the wod i felt like i had no grip left at all.

breakfast - 1 cup soy yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 scoop vega sport performance protein, 3 macadamia nuts
snack - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water & 6 almonds
lunch - 4 oz celebration roast(seitan) 2/3 cup roasted sweet potato, 3/4 cup roasted ruutabaga. 6 almonds
dinner - 8 oz tofu, 1/2 cup black beans, 1 tbsp peanut butter

felt the legs at bit when riding my bike commute today.

No comments:

Post a Comment