Sunday, November 28, 2010

zone - month #2 update

Just finished another month "in the zone" so here's an update on that.


First - the numbers! I lost an additional 4.1 pounds with a correlating 3.6 pounds of fat loss. body water percentage, muscle mass, bone mass and visceral fat stayed about the same. The only other change was my metabolic age dropped another 9 years to that of a 16 year old.

I did add blocks and up my fat over the course of this month which slowed the rate at which I was losing weight. It needed to be done I was having too many times where I felt like I was going to pass out. Just not enough calories to support my daily activities.

I still didn't get the time to read my zone book and I really need to do that! I tend to eat a lot of the same things over and over again because I know their zone values and I don't have to think about it but I would like to get away from that as I do believe variety is important to get as mant different nutrients into the body as possible and i think it makes it easier to stick with a program like this if you don't get too bored with it. I think the biggest change from my regular diet was how much brown rice I was eating. I didn't think I was eating a lot of rice then but since I basically eat no rice now it seems like it was a lot in comparison. I also basically cut bagels out too.

In regards to performance I have definitely seen better swim times.  I doubt that is only related to diet. I am sure it has more to do with spending more time in the pool drilling and training. I did have some CF pr's over the last month but more of the metcon variety then actually being able to move more weight around. Sometimes I think I just don't do enough heavy lifting to actually see my weights really go up.
Overall things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment