Friday, November 5, 2010

it is crossfit!

Swim - 100 warmup, 100 switch, 100 catch, 100 drag, 100 fist then a 20 minute time trial. The goal I had in my mind was to get 40 laps done. on my 40th lap I was on the t- getting ready to flip turn when the alarm went off. Technically I didn't touch the wall before the alarm when off so I don't get to say it was really 40 laps but it was about as close as you can get. I'm happy with it for now. I cool downed with a 50 breaststroke, then did 10 minutes using paddles and a pull buoy. droped the paddles and did a 50 just pull and then dropped the buoy and swam a 50 straight. The paddles help my form so much if i could just retain it over distance. 50 backstroke to cooldown.


cf wod - row 1,000 meters, 50 Thrusters @ 45lbs, 30 pullups - Time 12:12
i did well on the row but it went downhill from there. It was tough coming off the rower into the thrusters. They fely ugly like i wasn't so much thrusting the weight off my hip but straight muscling it over my head. I didn't expect them to be so hard because the weight was light but i was hurting. Then the pullups! Maybe connected 2 or 3, there were a lot of 1 rep pullups. I got right back on the bar after every rep pretty quickly but I had no grip strength left at that point to hang and kip. I don't know what possessed me to think this wasn't going to be that bad of a workout. I should know better by now.

breakfast - 1 cup soymilk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 6 macadamia nuts, 14 grams vega spp.
snack - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water & 6 almonds
lunch - 8 ounces tofu, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 onion, 24 mushrooms, 9 almonds
dinner - 8oz  grit tofu, 2 tbsp peanut butter - 1/2cup onions, 1 green pepper, 1 1/3 cup button mushrooms, 1 cup roccoli, 1 cup carrots  - i didnt finish the veggies.



No comments:

Post a Comment