Monday, November 22, 2010

horizontal plane

woke up sore this morning, most likely from the bike beat downs yesterday. Food wasn't the greatest yesterday and I think it affected my recovery. But today is another day so Ill be better about it. I was just so tired after the ride yesterday didn't feel like eating/cooking etc. 

swim - 200 to warmup, tried to loosen up a bit, somewhat sucessfully then 500 of drills.
100 - switch, 100 catch, 100 drag, 100 paddles, 100 kick
Had a 30 minute Time trial to do. In fantasy land I wanted to hit 60 laps for this TT as that would give me an approximate oly distance tri swim at 30 minutes.  Now I didn't actually think I could do this but I would be totally stoked if i did! My 30 minute alarm went off while I was on my 58th lap if I counted correctly which is always an issue for me when I get a high lap count. Again, athlete not mathelete. Finished it off with breaststroke. So my official lap count for the swim was 57 completed laps at 1,425 yards. So less than 75yds short of where I wanted to be.  I liked this higher time trial because it really forced me to focus on swimming hard for a long time which I know when I get tired the form start getting sloppy and the speed starts going down but I really tried to stay on it when I noticed myself slipping today. Maybe If i was able to just nail it the entire time I would have hit it. next time! It was still a solid effort as my swimming is def getting better but it isn't as good as I would like.

CF WOD
"Lynne"
5 rounds of max reps
Bodyweight bench
Pullups

I modified this workout a bit. I wanted to use dumbbells instead of a barbell so that I had to stabilize the weight which I just think is more important is my shoulder strength than putting up bigger weight at this point. Why? because I didn't want the good shoulder compensating for my surgical shoulder. Also I didn't count the termination of the pullup set as a dropoff from the bar but rather if I didn't immediately jump back up into the kip it was over. In trying to decide what weight to use it warmed up with
20sx 5 (40)
30x5 (60)
35 x 3 (70)
40 - fail - wow i haven't benched in awhile. I've had 45s up in the past for my 1 rep max.

lynne     DBP   pu
round 1 3 /15
round 2 4/10
round 3 3/9
round 4 2/10
round 5 3/8

This felt pathetic. The pullups were crap because my hands are still a mess from the last day of pullups so they were bleeding which didn't make me want to really go after it on the pullups.

I was annoyed with my bench so afterwards I did some more work on it since I had very few reps during the wod. did a max set at the following with dumbbells.
30  x 9
25 x 11
20 x 20
25 x 10
30 x 6
35 x 1
30 x 5

bfast - 2 cups chocolate soymilk,1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 scoop vega sport performance protein ( this froze or something and was ridiculously thick but it's all i had so i had to deal with it) 9 almonds
snack - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water & 12 almonds
lunch - 8 ounces grit tofu, 1 cup roasted yams & ruttabagas. 15 almonds
snack - vega vibrancy bar
dinner - 8 oz grit tofu, 1 cup red beets, 24 talks asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment