Tuesday, October 5, 2010

tuesdays triple

swim workout
100 warmup
then 2 rounds for 1,000 of
100 - six beat switch
100 - catch up
100 - finger tip drag
100 - fist
100 - hand entry
followed by 6 reps of 200s on 1 minute rest. Felt great doing these, great as in swimming well and cooked when I was done. Totally forgot my watch so i had to run off the wall clock... oops!

overhead squat day - spent most of my time stretching and mobilizing my shoulder for this. I knew it was going to be hard going there. not sure of the exact weight progression supposed to be 5 x 5 but i know i did more lifts than this. should with 15 and worked up to 45. It was at least
15 x 5
15 x 5
25 x 5
25 x 5
25 x 5
45 x 5
45 x 5

this is almost like a skill building workout for me because I have to keep the weight so low to be able to overhead squat properly so I did a bike tabata workout also on the trainer.



32 rounds of 20 on 10 off. distance = 3.57 miles avg HR 150. Found out my garmin works indoors so I can start using that on my trainer rides to keep myself accountable. I actually had the heart rate monitor on when I was getting ready for the workout and it looks like resting heart rate is between 60 -65. I know I wasn't really resting because I was moving around but it was interesting to see that as I expected it to be higher.

bfast - 1 cup soy yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, carob, stevia, 7 grams hemp protein powder,9 almonds
snack - 1 scoop vega & 1 tbsp ground flax seed w/coconut water
lunch, 4 oz tofu, 3 tbsp avocado, 1 oz soy cheese, 1 red pepper, 1/3 cup onion, 1/2 cup chickpeas
snack - 1 scoop vega & 1 tbsp ground flax seed w/ coconut water
dindin -olive oil,sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice, 6oz tofu, 1/12 cup onion, 2 cups broccoli, 2 cups mushrooms, 1/2 cup carrots - 6 cashews  - pictured below.

still figuring out this zone thing. making something like this with favorable veggies means i usually dont finish it as it is a ton of food but then there are other days where im done eating and just still hungry. I almost feel like finishing it and still being hungry is better because at least I know I took enough in.

No comments:

Post a Comment