Tuesday, October 26, 2010

when it rains it ....

swim - less sore this morning. Hit the pool did a 200 warmup then 500 drills. Main workout was a 500 yard time trial which i swam in 9:11!! PR (for now)! Yippee! That felt really good. My swimming is getting better! Followed it with 500 of drills and a 50 breaststoke cooldown.

Back squat - bodyweight x 10 x 2, bar x 5, 76 x 5, 95 x 3 for warmup then hit some foam rolling before the max weight rep at 135, 140,145,150,155, 160 - i don't think this was to full depth. Tried it again with medicine ball on the floor. missed the med ball so the 2nd attempt wasn't to depth either. stripped the bar down to 135 and hit the med ball. But it was time to go back to work so I didnt have time to work back up with the med ball.

Bike Ride for my third wod of the day. Great day outside here all day temp wise but when I went out to ride it of course rained lightly and was windy. Im so happy to have this extra wod in today mostly because it was a max strength day and those kind of workouts usually don't grind me down too much. This ride did grind me down literally. I picked a new route which ended up being hilly, climbed from 700 to 1500ft over about 7 miles. then had a screaming fast descent for 2 miles where I could barely see through my sunglasses as they were rain covered. I was going too fast to pull them off and I hit something and the road was really cluttered with gravel, rock , dirt,etc. and flatted my back tire.  It was so bad that once I turnd off the descent there was no riding the bike. Luckily I was with my friend Jeff who rode ahead and got his car as I walked my bike back in the dark and in the rain. Stefan and I were lucky enough not only to get a ride home from jeff but he quickly changed my tube with his mad bike skills. I can do it but it takes me a lot longer and usually involves a lot of cursing. I guess my route would be better as an out and back instead of a loop down that hill.

bfast - 1 cup soy yogurt, 1 cup blueberries. 14 grams vega sport performance protein, 2 tbsp ground flax, carob powder
snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/ coconut water & 6 almonds
snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/ coconut water & 6 almonds
lunch - 6 oz grit tofu & 36 stalks asparagus
dinner - package of tempeh bacon & 2 tbsp peanut butter (needed the PB after that ride!)


I finally got my soy zone book. Curious to check it out!

1 comment: