Friday, September 17, 2010

Three day

Hit a triple today. Started with a swim - 100 warmup and drills then 5 x 200 with a pull buoy. rest 40,30,20,10.
1 4:10
2 4:21
3 4:20
4 4:21
5 4:25

then did a 100cooldown just to see what it felt like without the flotation device. This is the first time I have ever used a pull buoy and it was kinda weird. I expected my time to be faster because of the bouyancy but they were actually slower. That just when you think your flip turns can't get any worse. they were eventful, each and every one of them let's just leave it at that.

CF WOD - 4 rounds of 10 front squats @ 75lbs, 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 10 ring dips w/1 foot on a box for assistance. time 11:10.

then the crusher! 3 mile warmup to 5 x 1 mile hill repeats. 3 mile cooldown. thankfully my friend jeff came with me for morale support. I always hate this wod because i am not a good hill climber.  Jeff pretty much blew my ass off the map every time but it was easier to just keep going with him there. I almost wonder if the hill climbing thing is just physical with me right now or mental. I feel like I can suffer more sprinting on flats because even though my legs hurt Im getting somewhere and its fun. On the hills im hurting and it feel like im making less progress.  I suffer through it but it is definitely a weakness for me. I think I need a nap after this one.

Foot is feeling better today.  Was supposed to take a day trip tomorrow but I just don't know if im up for it yet.

did my bike commuting on troy, stefans big brother today. just to get a feel for riding him again in case i decide to use him for a race i have coming up in october.

No comments:

Post a Comment