Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wilkes-Barre Half-Marathon Race Report

The race today went well. So thankful about that as I knew I would make it through but I didn't know how bad I would feel. I ran the half-marathon in 2:09. Considering my foot injury I'm happy with it. I made it through ok. Foot hurt from mile 1 but by mile 12 it was really an issue but I knew I could push through the extra mile. Feet are sore but otherwise feel pretty good afterwards although kinda tired. I took a salt tablet about an hour in and i felt much better afterwards. unfortunately I dropped my other one of the ground.  Hit one gel about 90 minutes in and that made me feel much better too. Decided not to take the other gel I had with me as I was almost done. I felt like I had sand all over me.  Someone suggested it was salt from sweating. Not sure. I was really thirsty after the race. I did stop at all of the water stations but maybe it wasn't enough. It wasn't really warm. It was a well run race. I loved the course and will def do it again hopefully on a healed foot next time.

pre-race
vega sport w/coconut water
sprouted grain bagel
Orange Juice
Banana
Tofu, Brown Rice,Broccoli, Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms
VEGA wfo w/coconut water
 Lentils & brown rice

here is a pic of some of the crossfitters from my box getting ready to line up.  sadly not everyone from the box is in this one that did the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment