Tuesday, September 7, 2010

turning

Pool workout - warmup & Drills then 25 minute swim concentrating on stroke count. I mostly fell in the 19 - 20 stroke area. I did have one lap Im super proud of where I managed 17. Unfortunately out of all of the laps I did in 25 minutes one lap isn't a very good average but it is a start. it shows me i can do it. I need to work more on my flip turns. I normally come up too soon. I think it is because I am still swimming into the wall too much and turning tightly. With all of the swimming Ill be doing this winter Im going to get those nailed down. I was doing weird things with my kick when I was focusing on the stroke half, namely forgetting to kick or intermittently kicking or 1 foot kicking. I have no idea why I do these kind of things. Overall though it felt like a great swim session. I felt fantastic when getting out of the pool. Other workout today was 50 double unders for time. I haven't been doing these much lately and it showed in my time. 2:22! And to think I used to jump rope as a warmup everyday! My heel wasn't a big fan of the double unders so my practice on these is just going to have to wait for a bit. Still stretching, rolling, icing. doing my exercises etc. It's still in my bad place from the half. Headed to a new doctor on Thursday for it.

Chocolate Soymilk
Blueberry Waffles
VEGA WFO w/coconut water
Black Bean Burger
Waldorf Salad
Roasted Potatoes
Corn
Peanut Butter
Banana
Cumin Lime Tofu
Ginger Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment