Sunday, February 13, 2011

bike, swim and sorta running

My legs were sore from yesterdays ride but I wanted to start riding my cervelo on the trainer. I spent about 10 minutes warming up going through every gear about 30 seconds to a minute apart jsut to start feeling what each gear feels like. I have some rubbing issues that will have to be addressed. I also doing feel really comfortable on the bike yet. Not sure if it is an actual setup issue or I am just not familiar with it yet. Have the garmin to the right of my aerobars is ok but not ideal so i am going to have to play around with that too! workout was 5 rounds of 2 minutes on 30 seconds off. I don't have stats as the bike sensor isn't on this bike yet. My legs were pretty cooked though so just getting through those was tough enough for today.

Headed to the pool next did 500 of drills to warmup - 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark & hesitate followed by 30 rounds of 25 yds with mid pool starts on 10 seconds rests. Times started out in the 21/22 range and ended in the 26 range. I never really got into this workout. It was like 6 stroke a flip and 6 strokes and i was done so i never really felt like i was swimming. cooldown was the same drill set as the warmup.

Did my 2nd run today. It is hard to consider this pace running but it is a step in the right direction. this "run" didn't go as well. I walked the same warmup and cooldown as yesterday but this time I ran 1.5 miles 14.47. This time my foot felt like i was stepping on something hard where i had the surgery. maybe not recovered enough from yesterdays effort or maybe the scar tissue. It wasn't really bad pain but i didn't have that yesterday. I had ice on it when I got home. May take tomorrow off from the running. I go back to the doctor this thursday too.

meal 1 - tofu, red pepper, spinach, guacamole
meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 - same as 1 plus peanut butter
meal 4 - tofu chimichurri & 2 mexican pizzas, mac nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment