Sunday, February 6, 2011

its all good

swim - 500 drills, 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark and hesitate

500 yard TT with a t-shirt on/ time - 9.08. Time is a lot better than previous attempts at this wod however the time could have been so much better. I was having an issue with my goggles. About 8 laps in I have no idea what happened they slide totally off my eyes and filled with my water so i was treading water trying to get them back on. that wasn't working so i finished that lap out swimming breaststroke with my face out of the water. Decided not to start over. part of me didn't want to swim any extra laps with the t shirt on and part of me thought this is the kind of stuff that happened in races. Just deal with it like it was a race, there is no starting over when things don't go your way. Ended up happening two other times although not as bad. I was able to make it to the wall still swimming freestyle but instead of immediately flip turning i had to adjust my goggles and then start again. Kinda makes me wonder what the time would have been if I didn't have these little incidents.

8 x 50 kick - on 20 seconds rest just wanted to practice kicking more so I don't get sloppy with it when I tire. took the times just to see where it is at. everything was done with open turns.
1 - 1:05
2 -1:01
3 - 1:02
4 -1:00
5 - 1:01
6 -1:00
7 - 1:00
8 - 1:00

6 x 100 pull and paddles - on 30 seconds rest all done with open turns.
1 - 1:41
2 - 1:41
3 - 1:45
4 - 1:45
5 - 1:45
6 - 1:45

meal 1 - 2 slices hemp bread with peanut butter
meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 - carrots and carmelized onion hummus, peanut butter
meal 4 - tofu, red onion, argula, pico de gallo, peanut butter, mac nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment