Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dead Leaves & the Dirty Ground

Had my bike class this morning. Always walk out of it with sore legs! which is good! Todays focus was mostly on cadence and gearing. Talked about how to gear your bike when racing. Not to do things like dump your gears when you see a hill coming etc. Did a 4 minute warmup. Then a couple of 30 second sprints. Main set was 3 rounds of 5 minutes as 90 percent effort then 3 rounds of 2 minute efforts at 100 percent. There was recovery spinning between all. 10 minute cooldown. I did almost 14 miles on my bike. Still working on setting up damon. I tried on my new carbon tri shoes. I feel like a little princess in them they are so lite and shiny. the shiny won't last! I talked to the bike guys about my saddle. Their answer for cervelo not offering the womens compenents on the TT bike is because there is no "womens specific" Tri saddle on the market. They claim that the womens saddles Ive seen are not Tri saddles but that they would work if i want to get one. They recommeded that I wait a bit before switching out yet. I was considering through my road saddle on just to see if it made a difference before I go ahead and buy a new saddle. Their reason to wait is that I am only riding on the trainer and they suspect I will actually like my saddle more once I get the bike on the road. They claim it is a well liked saddle. I guess it is possible since i don't really move much on the trainer at all. I have plenty of time to wait and figure it out. Still working on the water bottle placement too. I tried to get one mounted in my aerobars but my bike was too small to fit. Gonna have to try other options. Got to ride stefan in class today since he has the computer that i need for the class. He looks super spiffy with his newly taped blue bars! Hope to have the garmin setup on my tri bike by next class so i can start using damon there too.

I picked up a pair of brooks glycerin 8s to use as my running sneaks. I am going to try to only use them as runners and use my older sneakers for just walking around. I want to keep better tracking on how much mileage is on my sneakers and replace them as needed. Gotta pamper the foot! The foot was still too sore to run on today but feeling better than it did yesterday.

Swim wod - 500 of drills to warmup, 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark & hestate. Pool was super crowded today. Had to share a lane. Did a 2,000 TT . time was 39.04. Kinda disappointed in this as I know I have been swimming faster. Maybe I wasn't the best lap counter. I never am. Then had to play with my paddles. They were actually easier to use than I suspected.
100 of paddles & fins
100 of paddles & pull buoy
100 paddles only
100 shark
100 side kicking switch sides every 25.
cooldown 50 breaststroke, 50 backstroke

meal 1 - clif builder bar
meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 - tofu, red pepper, red onion, zucchini, carrots, guacamole, peanut butter
meal 4 - tofu, broccoli, red pepper, red onion, coconut milk

No comments:

Post a Comment