Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Come as you are

sore when I got up today. Can tell I started using weights again. I was wondering how my swim was gonna go as a result but I figure I would just go do my best and see where it was at. turned out well. did 5 x 100 drills of switch, catch, drag, switch and hesitate. then a 35 minutes time trial. I had to share a lane for it. The pool was crowded and while that doesn't make for easy swimming it does make for slightly more realistic tri swimming when others are disturbing the water near you. was 2 stroke away from finishing my 80th lap with my alarm sounded. i finished the 80th lap out while the alarm was still standing. I was happy to get 2,000 done in this time. I had to stop 3 times to fix my goggles. They have been taking on water lately. Didn't have time for anything else. I think this is a PR if not then it ties my PR.

Cf wod - "helen"
3 rounds of
Run 400 meters (i had to row it)
21 KB swings @ 35 lbs
12 pullups.

Time 12:31 - tied my PR.

I was really hoping to beat it this time but it wasn't to be this time. The pullups are my weakest link. When I am tired I have a hard time holding onto the bar and connecting the kip. Outside of a wod I don't have issues with that.

Back Squats - first time under a barbell since the surgery. plan was to start at 45 and work up in 5 lb increments. did exactly that all the way to 135 which is my bodyweight. I ran out of time so ended it there but overall I felt like that was good stopping place. I could have put my more weight I'm sure but all these weights were very controlable for me and had good form. my foot never hurt while doing them. It doesn't hurt after although it does have a "worked" feeling. It felt strange moving such light weights around but it is probably the way to go.

Going to ride the cervelo p2 tonight!

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 2 - soy yougurt, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax, mac nuts
meal 3 - tofu, red onion and red peppers, zucchini, sweet potato, guacmole,

No comments:

Post a Comment