Friday, February 18, 2011

Gimme Shelter

My foot was still sore from the shot today so I had to modify my training a bit.

Swim - 45 minutes of drills! foot was in no shape to be pushing hard off the wall. Did all drills in 100s kept mixing them up. Was working with keeping my recovery arm over my shoulders before switching lead hands. Did 3 touch catch and waving catch as well as just laps dragging my recovery hand in the 3/4 quarter position. Also did some head lead swimming to just work on body rotation. Did my usual switch, catch, drag, shark and hesitate drills too. Did some kicking and side kicking drills. Got my new fins in the mail today but it was after i was swimming so that will have to wait til next time.

CF wod - I modified Barbara by putting in leg lifts for the squats since nay kind of weight bearing/ walking makes my foot ache. it is a lot better today than it was yesterday but tomorrow I think it will be back to normal.

5 rounds of
20 pullups
30 pushups
40 situps
50 leg lifts
rest 3 minutes

round 1 - 6.17
round 2 - 6.17
round 3 - 6.13
round 4 - 5.49
round 5 - 6.04

I still have 2 raw bleeding hands from the pullups. Those were rough. I think my time went down in the later rounds because once I lost the kip I just dropped off the bar and go right back up in sets of 1 and it seems to go faster than fighting to kip. pushups and situps went unbroken. I tried to do as many leg lifts as possible without breaking.

40 minute easy spin on my tri bike on the trainer. I am getting more comfortable on the bike but still thinking about switching the saddle.

The bike shop called today that my carbon tri shoes came in but the weren't able to get my speedplay pedals so i had to order those from nashbar myself today and I hope I got everything i need.

meal 1 - vega wfo, soymilk, blueberries
meal 2 - clif bar & mac nuts
meal 3 - vega wfo w.coconut water & mac nuts
meal 4 - tofu, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms red peppers
meal 5 - tofu, red pepper, red onion, zucchini, carrots, guacamole, peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment