Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Drain You

I got enough sleep last night and it was great! I really have to try to force myself to get to bed earlier. It really makes a difference in how i feel.

So as predicted my legs were feeling the walking lunges today. Those always get me. That is like the #1 exercise to put a serious few days long hurting on my legs. Bike ride this morning - warmup 3 miles on the trainer to try to unsore the legs. didn't really help. wod - 9 minutes on 7 minute off 5 minutes on 3 minutes off 1 minute on. distance 3.96 miles. avg speed was 15.4. Got it a little higher than my tests on saturday. I did focus on trying to keep the cadence up while fatiguing.

cf wod -

30 Deadlifts @ 135
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls @ 75
10 Reverse Burpees

time: 5:30

this is my first time post op doing deadlifts with a barbell. I kept them light to test it out. Didn't have any trouble with either bar lift. Hope to start doing more bar work and going heavier. The odd part is I still don't know if my foot feels well enough to run on it. (although I want to).

Row 800 meters - time 3:33 - def felt the legs getting through this. decided to call it a day leg wise and let things recover

wanted to test out my hand and see if the tear is healed enough for pullups. Did 4 or 5 sets of 5 kipping pullups. I can go back to them now too. Hand tears have got to be the worst part of crossfit.

I ordered some swim gear and also a pair of compression socks. Maybe they will help get rid of some of the inflammation in my foot. or help with this recovery process. Probably be really helpful once I start running again.

meal 1 - Hemp Bagel w/ cinnamon raisin peanut butter (only 35 carbs and 21 grams of protein in the bagel. not bad)
meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water
meal 3 - soysage, broccoli, taters, onions,

No comments:

Post a Comment