Thursday, August 25, 2011

Massage the History


Got a nice run in this morning. 46 minutes out on the roads with hills most of the way.  I taped my knee with athletic tape hoping it would be more aggressive than the kinesio tape but it didn’t stick very well. It was raining while I was running so I am sure that didn’t help but I just think we the constant movement of the knee it is going to be hard to keep the kneecap pinned in place until I get the tape I ordered online. Because of the ran I didn’t take my garmin to get the distance data. I was pretty happy with this thought I dealt  with the hill action and I even had some speed. With the way my running has been going lately anytime I feel good about it is a huge for a my confidence.   Today was my rest day from CxF so I went to the Farmers Market and stocked up on some fresh produce. Tomorrow is a lite day schedule wise with a short swim and some step ups then a big training weekend coming up. I have a 5k open water swim race on Saturday morning. That’s going to be a long swim for me. Hoping the weather holds out for it. I also have a 3 hour bike ride. I’d like to get about 50 miles in for that. Then on Sunday I have a 7 mile run which I think I am going to do a 1 mile warmup and then race a 10k. I use the word race lightly because with where my running is at I won’t really be in contention but I think it is a good idea for me to go do it at a race because I think I will put in a better training effort if I am at the race than just out doing it myself. And my running needs all the help it can get right now. Hoping that race is a good because Sunday is supposed to be washout from the hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment