Wednesday, August 10, 2011

whining wednesday


The knee continues to improve yet it also continues to be incredibly frustrating for me. When is it just going to be completely gone already! I guess that is just the way sprains are. They took FOREVER to heal. Ok not really but I am very impatient with it.

Bike ride this morning = 10 minute warmup then 3 x 3 minutes all out on 1 minute rest. Went to a local school and did loops around the complex so that I could really just go all out the whole time and not have to deal with traffic, etc. especially since it was such a short one. I felt like it went well. In the big ring about half way down the cassette per Jay’s instructions.  I did ok with the gear. I did a rolling start into each one. Did a 10 minute easy cooldown. This was the least stiff my knee has been after riding and while I would like to celebrate this and believe it is a good sign. It is most likely due to the fact that this was a really short ride.  Didn’t even need to ice it or anything afterwards. I have been working on my stretches. Not sure if they really help or just make me feel like I am attempting to do something about healing it.

CF wod – overhead press – 1 rep @ 45,50,55,60,65,70,75(with a spotter) then did a few push presses at 80,85,90. None of them were max weights for me.
Ok time for more whining! I really hate strength wods. They are boring to me and just feel like a waste of time. I know I need them but that doesn’t mean I have to like them! But for the most part I feel like I did nothing at the box today except maybe stretch and socialize. The one rep maxs are the worst because I really don’t think they are as effective at build strength as sets of 2, 3, 5.

Well since it was a light day on the schedule, I should be fully energized to see bob Dylan in concert tonight! (yes, again!)
Tomorrow is a full on rest day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment