Thursday, August 11, 2011

things have changed


Well planned rest day today! Got in late last night from the Bob Dylan concert so it was very nice to be able to roll over in bed this morning and sleep in for awhile. Also it’s my favorite farmers market day so I got to go load up on farm fresh produce at lunchtime. Got myself stocked for some good nutrition. Got a few more days of training coming up then next week is a taper week for nationals. I missed the webinar last night for it but they are supposed to put the info online so I can check it out before I head up there.  So today is T-365 to Ironman NYC! That was a bit of a shocker. I was looking at it as far away which it still is but this time next year I will really earn the nickname I am called at work which is ironmary.  I am still concerned about the knee. I really want to get this thing healed up. I don’t want to be fighting this thing all the way through IM NYC.  It’s been dragging on for so long now I almost feel like it isn’t going to go away. It has gone from acute pain to just annoying pain but it’s a daily drag to have to deal with it.

I’ve been walking forty miles of bad road
If the Bible is right, the world will explode
I’ve been trying to get as far away from myself as I can
Some things are too hot to touch
The human mind can only stand so much
You can’t win with a losing hand
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
 - bob dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment